Planning Approval Treehouse Manchester
Posted on 27 Aug 2021
Working with Starwood and Property Alliance Group, Synergy Architects are deighted to confirm that the Treehouse Hotel Manchester now has planning approval. For the award-winning Treehouse brand this will be their second hotel in the UK.
As part of a wider masterplan for the site, the vision includes the transformation of the old Renaissance Hotel site into a fresh new Treehouse offering aimed at the eco-conscious modern guest.
The proposals undertake the high quality redevelopment of the existing hotel building to reposition it as a market-leading up-scale destination hotel. Working with Treehouse Hotels, a high quality design has been prepared in line with their brand identity and their strong commitment to promoting sustainability.
The new hotel is seen as a key component in ensuring a deliverable scheme for the wider regeneration site (the 'Ramada Complex'). The works will fully modernise and transform the hotel both internally and externally, into something that gives back to the community and meets the needs of modern guests and hotel operators.
Key features of the project include;
- A transformed external appearance that enlivens the streetscape with the introduction of planting and natural materials alongside what is likely to be the largest public art mural in Manchester.
- A new entrance lobby that opens up bar and dining facilities to become visible from the street.
- A reconfirgure mezzanine level with modernised and enhanced conference suites, function rooms and fitness suite.
- A new high quality 13th floor bar and fine dining restaurant offering amazing views.
- A new roof bar and dining terrace at sat high above the manchester skyline.
All the facilities will be open to the public and hotel guests alike and seek to create an urban oasis from the hard brutalist form.
For a taster of Treehouse, see their London venue via this link <https://www.treehousehotels.com/london/gallery>