Interior designer needed
Posted on 6 Nov 2019
Due to our growing workload, driven by a strong portfolio of interior refurbishment work, we are currently looking for outstanding, committed candidates to add to our team, and invite applications from suitable designers with at least five years' relevant experience.
We offer a competitive package and a friendly work environment, with a clear pathway to a senior position for the right candidate.
From our central location, we work nationally across a wide range of sectors including hotels, conference and events, education, training, healthcare and leisure.
The practice runs Vectorworks CAD software on Apple Macs. Experience of this is preferable, but not essential and full training will be given. Skills in Microsoft Office, SketchUp and other presentation / 3D visualisation software would also be beneficial.
The role requires excellent ‘client-facing’ skills, as well as creativity and conceptual design flair. These abilities must be supported by a sound understanding of technical architectural design.
You must be able to work effectively and collaboratively with other designers and within project constraints to deliver successful design solutions.
The position is full-time and working hours are 9.00am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, although applicants seeking reduced hours may be considered. Holidays (full-time): 20 days, plus bank holidays, plus Christmas shutdown.
Salary is dependent on ability, experience & qualifications.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please forward a copy of your CV, salary expectations and examples of work to Richard Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 12.00 midday on 29th November 2019.
Synergy Architects are an equal opportunities employer.
- Degree in interior design, architecture or equivalent;
- 5+ years’ relevant experience;
- Experience working across all RIBA work stages;
- Ability to lead and coordinate output from other team members and contributors both internally and externally;
- Ability to design and deliver information and projects to programme and budget;
- Ability to effectively present and communicate ideas to clients and other stakeholders;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English);
- Sound technical understanding and knowledge of UK building regulations, relevant legislation and construction technology;
- Ability to effectively monitor and interpret developments, and maintain knowledge of products and markets, in interior design;
- Experience of using CAD.